Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm BAAAAACK!

So, this blog was infiltrated by one of the teachers at TC, who found it, and gave me a lot of grief about posting about my students' lives on here. So, before I continue, I should say a few things.

1. My life is weird. It is neither consistently good, nor consistently bad. It IS however consistently strange. I think most people's lives are if they looked at them closely.

2. Security features on the internet are great things, like that said teacher, can not see this post. I find this to be reassuring.

3. I will always protect the innocent or mostly innocent by changing names or not giving a name- so while most of the people who talk to me pretty consistently feel that they "know" my students. They do not actually KNOW my students.

Having said all that, I hope to post more often. I've begun reading "A Year of Living Biblically" which is not meant to be a devotional so much as it is meant to answer the question, "what if we took the entire bible literally? What if we did not allowed room for context, social pressures, or social norms? What would our lives look like then?" As someone who walks a precarious line between being devout and being loving, being faithful without being judgmental, and as someone who has memorized much, but not all of the Good Book, I'm interested to know how a literal translation would affect one's day to day life. I will post commentary here.

In addition to all of that- some life updates: had a migraine yesterday. It was the first time that I clearly remember seeing an aura. It was like there was a blurry spot growing towards the bottom of my field of vision in my right eye. I thought my contacts had stuff on them, but it wouldn't rub out. Then 30 minutes later, I was laying on the bathroom floor with my duvet, throwing up and praying for sleep to take me. Some days, I hate my body.

South Dakota's version of "spring" is rainy and windy. I am not impressed.

I think I want a bicycle.

Student loans are going to be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment