Friday, June 24, 2011

At the halfway point!


1. Cook a curry dish that does not suck- Let me show you a tasty, tasty curry dish, made in South Dakota with only things that can be purchased in Pierre.



2.    Do the couch to 5k again- I am a terrible person, who hates to run. The 5 k I aimed for came and went. The next one will be available around Thanksgiving- we'll see.

3. Read 6 books that are “just for fun”
(3/6) - I read the second book in the Hunger Games series. (I still recommend it tremendously, and can't wait for the movie to come out.) But the other book I read was called "The Things They Carried." It's less a novel, and more a series of related short stories that focus on the men of the Alpha Company during Vietnam. If you like war books, or short stories, or books about how people cope with things that are hard, or books about how people come back when their coping didn't work- or really if you like books about people in general- this book will have some appeal to you.

4. Learn to make my own pie crust – I still cannot make anything that rivals pillsbury's roll out dough. So let's look at a quiche I made instead. 


5.    Cook pad thai - This is way harder than it seems on the internet. I'm going to scour some of the Pan-Asian stores in East Lansing this summer to see if I can't get the hook up on the noodles.

6.    Knit 5 items to donate (1/5) I'm competing in this thing called Nerd Wars. (In case there was any doubt that I am a HUGE nerd) I knit this sleep sac and donated to 0-5 closet on Pine Ridge

 
7.    Try a new bread recipe-

8.    Host a dinner party with at least 5 attendees- Amy and I have decided on a fiesta theme as a welcome dinner in August. Yes that's right "Ole'! No, Hola!" 

9.    Lose 10 lbs- I'm down 4
    
10.    Go to bed before 11 for three weeks straight- I can usually get like 5 or 6 days in a row, then a weekend comes, and breaks the streak.
    
11.    Learn to eat pomegranate Let's go to the footage!







12.    Give up soda for a month The whole month of April!

13.    knit something that requires colorwork
    

14.    bake a lava cake

15.    Find 15 new recipes to mix in to “the usual rotation” (4/15)
  
16.    add 100 new squares to my sock blanket (18/100)

17.    Watch all 100 of the American Film Institute's 100 greatest movies of all time (5/100) See previous post- though I'm hoping to get to watch quite a few more this summer.

18.    Send 20 letters (3/20) 

19.    Complete my "facebook 5" surprise projects (.5/5)

20.    Use mouthwash every night for 3 weeks straight - I can't seem to find a mouth wash that I like. The one I have right now tastes distinctly of pool. 

21.    Blog at least 24 times. (5/24)

22.    Visit a state I've never been to before. - So this one time Christine, Shanna, Maggie and I went to Omaha to see Wicked. The play was fantastic. The food was good. Being in the city again was awesome and Christine's parents were super sweet. Who knew you could have so much fun in Nebraska??

23.    Deep clean the flat at least 6 times- this should include mopping and washing the covers on the furniture (3/6) - I just finished giving the whole thing a good once over last weekend.
 
24.    Save up for a DSLR camera. ($100/$800) It turns out car fixing is expensive.

That's how things stand at the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment