Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I've been not putting up pictures here for a while, but these are kind of awesome.

Over Native American Day weekend, (known as Columbus day to some) I had the pleasure of travelling with another teacher down to Rapid City. We shopped, we ate out, and we ended the night by going to the Black Hills Pow-Wow. It was awesome, so I thought I'd show you some pictures.I live here.


The Pow-wow started with a ceremony to honor the victims of domestic violence, which has been a problem here for many years.

The "tiny-tots" will always be my favorite category at the pow-wow. You can't tell in this picture, but the little boy in the blue bandanna is in traditional regalia and light up shoes. WIN.



These three little girls flirted with Emilie and I all night. Later we found out that they were hoping we had candy.

These two got engaged during the pow-wow, (and I think this is just a really cute picture).

If I'd been a little guy, this man's regalia would have frightened me. He was eerie and also he glows in the dark.

So that was my day in Rapid.
It was a really cool experience.
I'd do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment